Let’s get Ramen noodle crazy! Find out how to make their favorite recipes with good ol’ Ramen noodles, below!
Spinach Mushroom Frittata
- 2 packages ramen noodles (any flavor – 3 oz each)
- 1 pkg sliced mushrooms (8 oz)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz)
1. Prepare noodles according to package directions. Discard seasoning packet. Rinse, drain and set aside.
2. Spray large oven proof skillet with non stick cooking spray. Heat over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and green onions, cook and stir 8 mins. or until lightly brown.
3. Whisk eggs, milk, Parmesan, salt and pepper in large bowl. Stir in spinach, noodles, and mushroom mixture. Coat same skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium low heat. Add egg mixture, cover and cook 10 minutes or until top is set.
4. Preheat broiler, sprinkle Swiss cheese over top of frittata, broil 5 inches from heat for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve.
Asian Shrimp Noodle Salad
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger OR 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 packages (3 oz each) chicken flavored ramen noodle soup
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned deveined with tails left on
- 2 cups stir fry vegetables, cut into bite size pieces
1. Combine 1/3 cup oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, honey and ginger until well blended, and set aside. Prepare ramen noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse noodles. Place in large serving bowl.
2. Stir fry shrimp in 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium high heat, stirring constantly until shrimp turns pink. Remove shrimp to bowl with noodles. Stir fry vegetables in remaining oil in skillet over medium high heat, stirring constantly until vegetables are crisp-tender.
3. Add vegetable mixture, dressing you made, to bowl with noodles. Toss to coat oil, and serve.
- 4 packages (3 oz each) ramen noodles, any flavor
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (24 oz) pasta sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 16 oz part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Split block of dry ramen noodles horizontally into 8 squares, set aside.
2. Brown ground beef 6-8 minutes in skillet over med-high heat, stirring to break up the meat. Drain excess fat, add 2 cups pasta sauce, 1/2 oregano, 1/2 basil, 1/2 salt and pepper to beef mixture. Heat and stir to mix well.
3. Place ricotta in large bowl, add eggs, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan and remaining oregano, basil, salt and pepper to ricotta mixture then mix well.
4. Pour 1/4 cup pasta sauce into bottom of 9” square baking dish. Set 4 ramen squares on top of sauce. Layer as follows: ground beef, additional 1/4 cup sauce, ricotta mixture, remaining ramen squares, repeat ending with ricotta mixture. Top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan, cover tightly with foil.
5. Bake 30 minutes, remove foil, broil 7-10 minutes until golden brown.
Ramen Rocky Road
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles, any flavor, broken into bite-size pieces*
1 cup mini marshmallows
*discard seasoning package.
1. Combine chocolate chips and peanut butter in microwave bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute: stir. Repeat if necessary, stirring after 15-second intervals, until chocolate is melted and mixture is well blended.
2. Add noodles ad marshmallows: mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet lined with waxed paper: refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.