First-time moms are in for a lot of surprises! Babies are adorable, but there are a lot of not-so-glamorous things that come with the job. While everyone loves to talk about the joy of seeing your mini-me’s first steps and hearing them utter ma-ma, no one gushes about the harsher realities of mommyhood.
Since we keep things REAL around here, here’s a list of 10 things no one tells moms-to-be.
- Breast feeding is a tough and sometimes painful job.
- Sleep deprivation is REAL.
- You may not fall in love with the kid right away. (No worries, this too shall pass.)
- Showers and solo trips to the grocery store will feel like a mini vacay.
- Kids are messy, so say goodbye to your über-clean living room and spotless kitchen.
- Mommy guilt is normal. Working moms, stay-at-home moms and everyone in between feels it.
- Your relationships may get strained. Sorry to break it to you, but you’ll have very little energy to socialize.
- Even if it’s just for a second, some days you’ll wish you never had kids.
- Getting your post-baby body back — in the real world, not Hollywood — takes time.
- Your life will never be the same… but you wouldn’t change it for the world.