Pumpkins aren’t just for pie and jack-o-lanterns anymore. If you’re guilty of going pumpkin crazy every Halloween, then you’re stuck wondering what the heck to do with them afterward, we have a solution for you. Learn how to use your leftover gourds for a GOURDeous treat!
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (can use peach yogurt for a sweeter smoothie!)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons honey
2/3 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh – fresh recipe below)
1 cup ice
For pumpkin puree:
• Take 1 pie pumpkin, cut open and scrape out the seeds.
• Cut into slices, and put in a bowl of water and microwave for 20 minutes.
• Then scoop pumpkin meat out of shell and place to the side to let it cool.
• Add ingredients to blender in the order listed, and blend until smooth.
• If smoothie is too thick, add milk; if too thin add more ice.
• Taste and add more spice as needed.