Cereal isn’t just for breakfast anymore. You can make finger-lickin’ good treats, like chicken strips and cake, all with your favorite box of cereal! Check out these crunch-a-licious recipes!
1 1/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/2 cup buttermilk
4 cups corn cereal
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Add the chicken strips and buttermilk in a shallow dish, and let soak and chill for at least 15 minutes.
3. Put the corn cereal in a large, sealed plastic bag. Use a rolling pin to crunch it down into small pieces.
4. Season the chicken with your spices, and shake it up with the cereal to fully coat it.
5. Place on a pre-greased baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes until fully cooked.
6. Make sure to let it cool slightly – it gets crunchier!
4 scoops of vanilla ice cream (or your favorite flavor)
1/2 cup real milk
Strawberry syrup (to taste)
Strawberries (chopped up – add to taste)
1 cup fruity cereal
1. Add all ingredients to a blender, and pulse until all the ingredients are mixed together.
2. Try smaller sized pieces of fruity cereal for it to blend more easily!
3. Serve with extra fruity cereal on top as garnish.
PB & C Cake
4 sticks butter, at room temperature
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2-3 cups powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup crushed up peanut butter & chocolate cereal
3 round chocolate cakes, from a box mix. (You can also make one box mix cake and carefully cut it into the 3 layers.)
6 cups peanut butter and chocolate cereal
1. First, prep the frosting. Mix the butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
2. Take turns adding powdered sugar, crushed cereal and milk until frosting gets to a taste and thickness you like! Note: for an easier version of the frosting, simply take store-bought frosting and mix with the crushed up cereal and peanut butter.
3. Layer the three cakes with frosting. Cover the entire top and sides with the frosting.
4. Let it refrigerate uncovered until frosting begins to harden. Meanwhile, separate the chocolate and peanut butter cereal pieces. Arrange in whatever pattern you like until the cake is completely covered.