Everyone loves a new Thanksgiving recipe, and this one is all about the leftovers! Remix your traditional after-the-holiday meal with a twist. Learn how to make delicious Eggs Benedict, soup and shortcake -- all with leftover goodies from your Thanksgiving table.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Eggs Benedict
1 1/2 cups bread stuffing
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/8 cup olive oil
1 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 pound sliced turkey, warmed
1/2 cup cranberry sauce
1 cup gravy
1. Mix together bread stuffing and 2 eggs until well combined.
2. Take the mixture and create 4 small “stuffing cakes” by hand, about the size of a hamburger patty.
3. Take a medium bowl of breadcrumbs and cover each cake with the crumbs. Place to the side.
4. Heat up your olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Place stuffing cakes in oil and cook until golden brown. Turn and cook second side until golden brown, about 2 minutes longer.
5. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to soak up excess oil. After the stuffing cakes are cooked, poach the eggs until the yolks are runny.
6. Divide turkey slices onto the stuffing cakes, followed by the eggs, stuffing and a dab of cranberry sauce.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Soup
Stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, yams, turkey, green bean casserole, slice of pumpkin pie and chicken stock, all to your liking.
1. Gather whatever leftovers you have, along with chicken stock, and puree.
2. Once pureed, heat up over the stove. For added flavor, add the turkey juice runoff while cooking. For a creamier consistency stir in butter while heating up.
3. For added flavor save the turkey juice runoff while cooking.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Shortcake
Biscuits (the bigger and fluffier, the better!)
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup sweet potatoes
1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup cranberry sauce
Toasted pecans for garnish
1. Take leftover sweet potatoes and sear until slightly crispy on each side.
2. Melt the leftover cranberry sauce in a small pot.
3. Add 1/2 cup heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce. Strain into a bowl and chill.
4. Spoon the chilled cranberry mixture on top of biscuit bottoms, and top with sweet potatoes and whipped cream.
5. Stack biscuit top (cut side up) on top and repeat the sauce, sweet potato, and whipped cream.
6. Sprinkle with toasted pecans and enjoy!