Santa’s got to get tired of milk and cookies at every house, so help make his gig a lot tastier with these Merry Munchies! Learn how to make a yummy snack that you, the kids and good ol’ St. Nick can enjoy. It's sure to keep your bellies nice and full!
CRISPY HOLIDAY LIGHTS
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
2 cups miniature marshmallows
3 cups rice cereal
Red licorice vine
• Over low heat melt butter, and stir in the marshmallows until it forms a smooth mixture.
• Take off the heat and split up the marshmallows into portions, and use food coloring to create different colored lights.
• If desired, keep one section colorless to use as the light fixtures.
• Pour the rice cereal into the different portions and stir until cereal is covered in the mixture.
• Cool so you can touch it, but cooling off too long will make the mixture difficult to work with.
• Use butter or cooking spray on your hands so the cereal mixture doesn't stick, and form into lightbulb shapes.
• Make a hole at the top for the licorice vine to string through.
• Let cool and enjoy!