Ringing in the New Year often means toasting with champagne, but how about making every day a celebration? Learn how to cook with champagne, using this Poppin’ Bottles recipe!
CHAMP CAKES WITH BERRY MIMOSA SYRUP
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 cup champagne
Berry Mimosa Syrup
1 pound strawberries
1 tablespoon orange juice
3/4 cup granulated sugar
5 tablespoons champagne
• Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
• Whisk together the egg, milk, and oil in different bowl.
• Gradually stir the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients. It should have some lumps.
• For the Berry Mimosa syrup, mix strawberries, sugar, and orange zest, OJ, in a saucepan. Squash the berries and cook over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the champagne.
• Cook the pancakes. Gently fold the champagne into the batter, don’t over-stir. Drop large spoonfuls of batter onto a greased pan. Cook both sides until golden brown.
• Top pancakes with the Berry Mimosa syrup.