Since the Golden Globes are right around the corner, the hosts show viewers how to make Golden Delights, a few sweet treats that are sure to keep your awards show party guests begging for more. Check out this golden goodie recipe, below!
1 box yellow cake mix (water, oil and eggs as called for on cake mix package)
1 container canned frosting – Vanilla/white
32 oz. white candy melts
20 lollipop sticks
1 styrofoam block
Metallic gold edible glitter (also known as disco dust)
• Preheat oven to 350°F.
• Grease and flour 13” x 9” pan.
• Bake box cake mix according to directions on box.
• Once cooled, crumble cake into a large bowl.
• Spoon 1 a can frosting into crumbled cake and stir by hand until blended.
• Mold mixture into tiny balls then put them on sheet pan covered with waxed paper.
• Chill in refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Melt white candy melts in microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir and microwave again for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted.
• Dip tips of lollipop sticks into melted white chocolate. Next insert dipped end into center of cake balls. Chill in refrigerator 5 minutes.
• Dip each ball of cake into the melted white chocolate. Once done, insert stick into styrofoam block and repeat.
• Sprinkle Gold edible glitter – disco dust over entire ball.