Since the Golden Globes are right around the corner, the hosts show viewers how to make Golden Delights, a few sweet treats that are sure to keep your awards show party guests begging for more. Check out the golden goodie recipes, below!
1 box yellow cake mix (water, oil and eggs as called for on cake mix package)
1 container canned frosting – Vanilla/white
32 oz. white candy melts
20 lollipop sticks
1 styrofoam block
Metallic gold edible glitter (also known as disco dust)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour 13” x 9” pan.
3. Bake box cake mix according to directions on box.
4. Once cooled, crumble cake into a large bowl.
5. Spoon 1 a can frosting into crumbled cake and stir by hand until blended.
6. Mold mixture into tiny balls then put them on sheet pan covered with waxed paper.
7. Chill in refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Melt white candy melts in microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir and microwave again for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted.
9. Dip tips of lollipop sticks into melted white chocolate. Next insert dipped end into center of cake balls. Chill in refrigerator 5 minutes.
10. Dip each ball of cake into the melted white chocolate. Once done, insert stick into styrofoam block and repeat.
11. Sprinkle Gold edible glitter – disco dust over entire ball.
The Midas Touch
Edible gold spray paint
Food you want to turn gold
1. Spray food.
2. Let it dry, and spray again.
3. Repeat until fully coated.
Golden Star Storm
Gold edible glitter
Sparkling apple cider
Lemon lime soda
Cute stirring stick
1. Run lemon around rim of martini glass
2. Dip the rim in gold edible glitter
3. Pour in sparkling cider and lemon lime soda
4. Sprinkle in gold edible glitter
5. Use a stirring stick to stir when glitter settles.