Don’t let the cold weather get you down! In honor of National Soup Month, check out this yummy recipe to help you stay warm from the inside out. It’s time to get Souped-Up!
FRENCH MUSHROOM SOUP
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp butter
1 small carrot
1 lb mushrooms
1 small onion
2 small tomatoes
5 cups water
2 cups chicken broth (can substitute vegetable broth)
• Chop the onion, leek, carrot and mushrooms and sauté.
• Add the water, vegetable broth and chopped tomatoes.
• Add a bay leaf and salt and pepper to taste.
• Bring soup to a boil and let simmer until the carrots soften.
• Stir in the milk before serving.