They say good things come in small packages, and when it comes to sliders, this couldn’t be more true! Amp-up your basic burger between the bun with these Small Wonder recipes. Salmon BLT, Turkey Tacos and Portobello Mushroom Sliders, here we come!
Salmon BLT Sliders
1 lb. raw, skinless salmon
Salt and pepper
2 slices thick cut bacon
2 tomatoes, sliced
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon adobo sauce
6 mini Hawaiian sweet bread buns
1. Fry the bacon and drain on a paper towel.
2. Preheat the broiler and cut the salmon to square pieces that fit in the bun.
3. Coat with salt and pepper.
4. Place on a broiler pan and broil for 5 minutes, then flip over and broil another 5 minutes. Cook until done.
5. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and adobo to create a spread. Mix until smooth and put some on each side of the bread.
6. Add the salmon, lettuce and tomato to your slider and enjoy!
Turkey Taco Sliders
6 mini wheat buns
3 tablespoons butter
1 pound ground turkey
1 packet taco seasoning
6 slices cheddar cheese
1. Combine turkey meat and taco seasoning, mixing together to spread throughout.
2. Roll the turkey into 6 small balls and flatten into patties.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat, and add the patties to cook. Flip halfway through and cook to your liking.
4. About 2 minutes before taking off of the heat, add a piece of cheese to the patty to let it melt.
5. Build burger using your favorite taco ingredients, and enjoy!
Portobello Mushroom Slider
32 portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
2 tbsps. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
8 mini pretzel buns
Roasted red peppers
1. Brush mushrooms with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill 2 minutes per side.
2. Then, spread bottom half of each bun with 1 tbsp. of pesto.
3. Layer your slider with mushrooms, red peppers, arugula and provolone cheese. Finally, enjoy!