Mama Mai is back! Dressed in traditional Vietnamese attire, she's helping us get ready for Chinese New Year with a yummy recipe for Good Fortune Pork and Eggs. Check out the video and recipe below!
BRAISED PORK WITH EGGS
14 oz. pork belly with skin
3 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons nuoc mau (caramel sauce)
2 tablespoons nuoc mam (fish sauce)
1 cup of coconut water
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
4 hardboiled, peeled eggs
Pinch of salt & pepper
• Start by browning the pork in a large pot.
• Add nuoc mau sauce, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and nuoc mam for seasoning.
• Add coconut water.
• Cook this mixture on low for an hour.
• Boil eggs and then peel them.
• During the last 15 minutes of cooking the pork, add the hardboiled eggs.
• Place finished product on a bed of white rice and serve with pickled vegetables.