Mama Mai is back! Dressed in traditional Vietnamese attire, she's helping us get ready for Chinese New Year with a yummy recipe for Good Fortune Pork and Eggs. Check out the video and recipe below!
Braised Pork with Eggs
14 oz. pork belly with skin
3 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons nuoc mau (caramel sauce)
2 tablespoons nuoc mam (fish sauce)
1 cup of coconut water
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
4 hardboiled, peeled eggs
Pinch of salt & pepper
1. Start by browning the pork in a large pot.
2. Add nuoc mau sauce, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and nuoc mam for seasoning.
5. Add coconut water.
6. Cook this mixture on low for an hour.
7. Boil eggs and then peel them.
8. During the last 15 minutes of cooking the pork, add the hardboiled eggs.
9. Place finished product on a bed of white rice and serve with pickled vegetables.