Shake those salty crumbs off your fingers and pay attention, because we’ve got some new ways to cook with our favorite crunchers! We hope you’re ready, because this recipe is All That... and a Bag of Chips!
POTATO CHIP CHOCOLATE PIE
1 box pie crust
5 cups potato chips
5 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 large egg yolks
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pistachios Potato chips Whipped topping
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Put potato chips in a food processor, working until you’re left with 1 cup of fine crumbs. Make sure to save leftover chips as a topping!
• Mix the chip crumbs with flour and butter, then press into the bottom and sides of a baking pan. (9-inch pan is ideal.)
• Bake the crust for 10 minutes or until golden, then let cool for 20 minutes.
• Whisk the evaporated milk and egg yolks in a saucepan, then heat over medium-low heat. Stir the mixture nonstop until it is very hot and thickened, but do not let it boil. Then, take off the heat and mix in the chocolate until the mixture is completely smooth and melted.
• Next, add the chocolatey mixture to the crust. Top it with the pistachios and some crumbled up chips. Put in the fridge until firm (about 3 hours), and top it with whipped topping, a pistachio and a full chip for garnish.