The birds are singin’, flowers are bloomin', and WE are cookin’! Liven up your springtime with these Spring Cuties recipes, including Cute Little Buggers, Fresh As a Daisy and Deviled Chicka-dees.
Cute Little Buggers
Small pretzel loops (Wings)
Broken Pretzels (Antennae)
Apple (Snail Shell)
Mini Choco Chips (Eyes)
1 Fill your celery stalks smoothly with peanut butter.
2. To make the snail, add a thin slice of apple as the shell at base of celery.
3.Then, add mini chocolate chips at the opposite end as eyes.
4. Add pretzel pieces for antennas behind the eyes.
5. To make the butterfly, use the pretzel loops to form the wings for your butterfly. Then, repeat steps 3 and 4.
Fresh As a Diasy
Miniature Marshmallows cut in half, diagonally
Small pretzel squares
1. Using scissors, cut the marshmallows diagonally to make flower petals. You will need 6 petals for each flower.
2. Cut of the top of a chocolate kiss and place it upside down on top of the pretzel square.
3. Set pretzel squares on a tray and place them in a 200 degree oven for 4 minutes.
4. Take tray out of oven and arrange marshmallow petals on top of chocolate kiss pretzels forming a flower.
5. Add an M&M to the center of the chocolate while it’s still warm.
Black Peppercorns (Eyes)
Carrot chips (Beaks)
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Ranch salad dressing
1. Peel of the shells of your hard-boiled eggs. Make sure your eggs are cooled first.
2. Slice the egg in half, horizontally.
3. Scoop out the yolk without damaging the egg white.
4. Place all the yolks into a bowl.
5. Once yolks are in a bowl, add Parmesan cheese, Ranch dressing, Dijon mustard, and a pinch of pepper. Mix all ingredients until creamy.
6. Now spoon the seasoned yolk mixture back into the base of the egg.
7. Place egg white cap back on top of egg base.
8. Add two black peppercorns for eyes and a piece of carrot for the beak.