Life is better with a cherry on top! With these recipes, you can use the juicy red superfood to make delicious treats like Radical Cherry Salad, Life is a Bowl of Cherries, and Ribs with Tart Cherry BBQ Sauce!
Radical Cherry Salad
2 red onions chopped into wedges
3 bunches radishes
1 1/2 cup arugula
3/4 cup cherries
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your grill on high
2. Combine onions, radishes, and oil in a large mixing bowl.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Grill your vegetables for about 7 minutes or until tender.
5. When your veggies are grilled to your liking, place in a bowl and add in arugula and cherries. Enjoy!
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
A box of your go-to pie curst
5 ozs. of goat cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup of chopped arugula
1. Roll out your pie crust and cut out circles using a drinking glass.
2. Place your cutouts in the bottom of a muffin tin and bake at 350F until golden brown.
3. While baking, mash goat cheese until smooth.
4. Once your cups have cooled, fill them with arugula and a layer of cheese.
5. Add a cherry on top and enjoy! This are the perfect appetizer for any party!
Ribs with Tart Cherry BBQ Sauce
2 cups of chopped cherries
1 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 shallots
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
A pinch of red pepper flakes
1. Cook your cherries, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Let simmer for about 10 minutes, or until misutre becomes thick.
2. Add ketchup, tomato paste, shallots, red wine vinegar and red pepper flakes. Then stir.
3. Let sauce simmer on low for another 5 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Rlet sauce cool before serving, and enjoy!