Tamera whipped up Uncle Ben’s® Signature BBQ Chicken Quesadilla, and now you can try it at home! The below recipe has everything you need to make the Tex-Mex favorite, complete with Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Brown Rice!
The UNCLE BEN’S® Brand is the number one rice brand in America, and offers a wide variety of white, whole grain brown, specialty and flavored rice products in cook times ranging from 90 seconds to 30 minutes.
BBQ CHICKEN QUESADILLA
1 cup Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Brown Rice
3 cups cooked, diced chicken breast
1 can red beans or kidney beans
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup barbecue sauce
6 whole-grain tortillas (10-inch)
• Cook rice according to package instructions.
• In a large sauté pan heat chicken and beans with BBQ sauce.
• When rice is cooked, add to chicken and bean mixture. Mix well and add more barbecue sauce if desired.
• Assemble quesadillas by sprinkling cheddar cheese onto 3 tortillas.Top cheese with chicken mixture. Spread out evenly and finish each with additional cheddar cheese.
• Top each quesadilla with another tortilla. Set aside.
• Toast quesadillas one at a time in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook until tortillas are browned on both sides and cheese has melted, being careful when flipping.
• Serve one half quesadilla per person.