Tamera whipped up Uncle Ben’s® Signature BBQ Chicken Quesadilla, and now you can try it at home! The below recipe has everything you need to make the Tex-Mex favorite, complete with Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Brown Rice!
The UNCLE BEN’S® Brand is the number one rice brand in America, and offers a wide variety of white, whole grain brown, specialty and flavored rice products in cook times ranging from 90 seconds to 30 minutes.
BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
1 cup Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Brown Rice
3 cups cooked, diced chicken breast
1 can red beans or kidney beans
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup barbecue sauce
6 whole-grain tortillas (10-inch)
1. Cook rice according to package instructions.
2. In a large sauté pan heat chicken and beans with BBQ sauce.
3. When rice is cooked, add to chicken and bean mixture. Mix well and add more
barbecue sauce if desired.
4. Assemble quesadillas by sprinkling cheddar cheese onto 3 tortillas.Top cheese with chicken mixture. Spread out evenly and finish each with additional
5. Top each quesadilla with another tortilla. Set aside.
6. Toast quesadillas one at a time in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook until tortillas are browned on both sides and cheese has melted, being careful
7. Serve one half quesadilla per person.
If you’re a parent who loves to cook with your kid (grades K-8), enter the Ben’s Beginners Cooking Contest! Just submit a 3-minute home video of you and your family preparing a rice-based dish. You have until October 12th to enter, and 5 winners will win $15,000 each for their family and a $30,000 cafeteria makeover for their child’s school. Enter here!