Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Are you feeling apprehensive about sticking to your healthy eating this holiday week? Don't worry, you don't have to turn the scale back 10 pounds to fool yourself because you plan to pig out on Thanksgiving... you simply need to follow a few helpful tips:
- Eat your normal meals on Thanksgiving prior to the big meal.
- Drink most of your daily water allowance before 5pm and before the big mealtime.
- Drink a 16.9 ounce bottle of water an hour before dinner so you're partially full at mealtime.
- Try a little bit of most of the foods you like, but focus on veggies and lean protein.
- No seconds and no plates to take home.
- Exercise on Thanksgiving before and after the meal. Doing exercises that use compound muscle groups burn more calories, like bosu burpees.
- The day after, drink a gallon of water to flush out the extra sodium, sugar and toxins.
- Exercise the day after and EVERY DAY!
- Get back to your normal meals the next morning. It's a lifestyle, remember? Enjoy!
Chaunda is the owner of The Bella Fitness Group in Lawrenceville, GA. She has lost over 115 pounds and is now a passionate Fitness Advocate, NASM Certified Personal Trainer and a professional singer. Visit her on the web at bellafitnessgroup.com.