We’re showing you healthier alternatives to your favorite holiday foods… it’s the Holiday Hunger Hotline!
Check out this healthy and yummy recipe below!
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE
1/2 teaspoon salt
Vegetable oil spray
1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 cup heavy cream
2 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
1.5 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, plus 1/2 cup for topping the casserole
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water with salt. Spray the baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
• Cut cauliflower cut into small florets, cook in the boiling water until crisp tender, for about 5 minutes.
• Drain and transfer the cauliflower to the baking dish and set aside.
• Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan and whisk in the cream cheese until smooth.
• Stir in the 1.5 cups of cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and whisk until the cheese melts, for about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, pour over the cauliflower, and mix.
• Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake until browned, about 15 minutes.