We showed you how easy it is to change your waistline by calling the Hunger Hotline, and now you can try the recipes at home! Just in time for the new year, check out these healthy alternatives to your favorite treats!
3 medium zucchini sliced into 3" x 1/2" sticks
1/3 cup of egg whites
4 tbsp of fine grade Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
dash of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°
2. In a small bowl, place egg whites
3. In a bag, place, dry ingredients
4. Toss zucchini sticks in egg whites
5. Put in bag, shake well
6. Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer. Bake at 425° for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping
Portbello Mushroom Pizza
4 big Portobello mushroom caps
1/2 cup of shredded mixed cheese
1/2 cup of tomato pizza sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Remove stem of mushroom.
3. Place mushroom on baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and fill cup of cap with sauce and cheese.
5. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
6. Dig in!
4 peeled apples
1/4 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Peel the skin off the whole apple, leave stem
2. Place on wax paper
3. Mix the cinnamon, honey and lemon juice into a bowl
4. Brush honey, cinnamon and lemon juice on apple
5. Preheat oven to 400°
6. Place the apples on a baking sheet on parchment paper, bake for 40 mins
7. When done, you can sprinkle extra cinnamon top to add more flavor!