Every day is a good day for some slow cookin’! Try this easy meal made in a crock pot!
FIESTA FILLED PEPPERS
6 bell peppers (any colors), tops removed and seeded
1 pound lean ground turkey meat, uncooked
1 cup cooked wild rice
2 cups salsa
1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium taco seasoning mix
1 pinch chili powder
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup vegetable broth
• Cut off the tops of your peppers and remove the seeds and core from the peppers. Keep the tops – you'll need them while cooking.
• Mix all ingredients except peppers and broth until well-mixed. Then, stuff this into the peppers.
• Place the peppers standing up in the slow cooker and put their tops back on.
• Pour the vegetable broth on the base of the peppers, and cook on low for 6-8 hours. (If they need to be ready sooner, cook on high for 3-4 hours.)
• Top with some Greek yogurt and cilantro if you’d like. Then, enjoy!