These Express Meals require just 10 ingredients or less, so we’re hitting the express lane for dinner! Check out the recipe below.
KALE MUSHROOM RISOTTO
5-6 cups of chicken stock
1 medium finely chopped onion
5 tbsp. butter
2 cups Arborio rice
4 cloves of minced garlic
½ large bunch of curly-leaf kale, chopped and stemmed
1 cup shredded Parmesan
1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
2 tbsp. EVOO, plus more for drizzling
2 packages (8 oz. each) sliced baby bella mushrooms
• Start by simmering your stock in a saucepan.
• In another saucepan, add onions and 3 tbsp. butter. Stir over medium heat until onions soften. About 3 minutes.
• Add rice and garlic, and stir for 2 minutes.
• Reduce heat to low, then stir in 1 cup stock to the rice until it’s nearly absorbed. About 4 minutes.
• Repeat step 4 three times, adding stock 1 cup at a time.
• Stir in the kale and 1 cup of stock, stirring until rice is tender and liquid is almost absorbed. About 4 minutes. Mix with extra stock if needed.
• Turn off heat and stir in 3/4 cup of cheese, vinegar, and the rest of the butter.
• Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
• While that’s cooking, in a separate skillet, heat 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high heat.
• Add half the mushrooms, season and cook them until brown. About 10 minutes.
• Repeat with remaining half of mushrooms.
• Divide risotto to plates, top with mushrooms, and drizzle with EVOO.
• Top with remaining cheese.