Check out these tips to create a healthier lifestyle, from our fitness blogger Chaunda Walls.
1. Use a tablespoon of Honey Nut Cheerios as a great topping for organic Greek yogurt or oatmeal.
2. Invest in a pedometer or Fitbit to track steps. Beginners should shoot for 10K steps daily and intermediate to advanced should go for 15K+ daily steps.
3. Use hummus instead of fattening ranch dip for veggies.
4. Healthy sex is a great calorie burner. Indulge often to burn some fun calories!
5. Eat oatmeal in the morning for a great source of satiety and whole grains.
6. Boil batches of eggs and pack them as on-the-go snacks. Eat mostly egg whites, which is where the protein is.
7. When dining at a restaurant, ask the server to hold the bread basket or salsa and chips that may come with the meal. No butter! And always order WATER only.
8. Try canned salmon packed in water as a quick alternative to making whole salmon when you need a quick source of protein.
9. Drink 2-3 cups of organic green tea daily because it's a great antioxidant and natural caffeine energy source. In lab studies, it has been found to decrease depression.
10. Serve your meals on a smaller plate so you fit less food on it. Nine-inch plates should hold a healthy meal size.
11. Don't be afraid of healthy fats like salmon, avocado and olives/olive oil. Your body needs healthy fat sources to process food and to keep you feeling full.
12. Don't eat so fast. Measure your bites and take your time when eating so your brain has time to receive the signal that you're full.
13. Drink a bottle of water or have a protein shake when you feel hungry. Odds are that you're just dehydrated and not really hungry.
14. Never fry foods. Always bake, broil or roast your foods.
Chaunda is the owner of The Bella Fitness Group in Lawrenceville, GA. She has lost over 115 pounds and is now a passionate Fitness Advocate, NASM Certified Personal Trainer and a professional singer. Visit her on the web at bellafitnessgroup.com.