Don’t you hate when your bread goes stale and you have to toss it? We’re sharing new uses for old, stale bread in a segment we like to call “Stalemate”! Say hello to Cheesy Spinach Strata! Get the recipe, below.
Cheesy Spinach Strata
1 package frozen spinach
4 cups stale bread of choice
1/4 cup Gruyere cheese
1/8 cup Parmesan
2 cups milk
• Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
• Sautee one package of frozen spinach in butter.
• Then toss the spinach with 4 cups of stale bread cut or torn into 1-inch squares, 1/4 cup gruyere cheese and 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese.
• Add the mixture to a buttered baking dish. Then, mix 4 eggs and 2 cups of milk, and pour that over the bread mixture.
• Let it sit for at least 10 minutes before baking, so the bread can absorb some of the egg.
• Then bake for 45 minutes or until puffy and brown.