Summertime means county fairs, and that means if you can eat it, you can fry it! Check out these crunchy and delicious recipes for Fried Pickle Chips, Fried Cheesecake, and Fried Cola Balls. This is YOU FRIED IT!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup milk
3 cups dill pickle slices, drained
Dash of salt
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- Coat pickles with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture, then dip into flour again.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees and fry pickles – about 10 at a time – for 3 minutes until golden.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.
1 frozen cheesecake
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup +2 tbsp milk
- Cut the frozen cheesecake into small 1-inch squares and keep the cheesecake cubes in the freezer until you’re ready to fry.
- Make the batter by whisking flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, then add 1 cup milk and 2 tsp vegetable oil, and mix until smooth.
- Dip cheesecake into batter, let excess drip back into the bowl, and fry in vegetable oil heated to 350 degrees for 3 minutes or until a puffy dark golden brown.
- Place on a paper towel to drain before eating.
FRIED COLA BALLS
2 cups cola
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
- Take 3 beaten eggs like I have here and add 2 cups of cola and 1/4 cup of sugar, and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 a teaspoon of salt.
- Then put them through a sifter, and combine the cola mixture with the flour mixture.
- Mix until batter is smooth and not too thick. Then roll the dough into 1-1/2 balls.
- Fry in vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes at 375 degrees until golden.
- Remove from fryer and place on paper towels to drain, then top with powdered sugar and serve.