Stay cool this summer with this meal that doesn’t involve an oven or stove top!
ROAST BEEF SUMMER ROLLS
1 large garlic clove, smashed
1 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon Thai green curry paste
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped mint
1/3 cup mayonnaise
3 1/2 cups coleslaw mix
1/2 lb. of deli roast beef, thinly sliced and cut into 1/2-inch strips
24 (6-inch) round rice paper wrappers, plus more in case of breakage
• Pound together garlic cloves, brown sugar and green curry paste.
• Add lime juice, fish sauce and 3 tablespoons of water. Then stir in half of the cilantro and mint.
• In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of the green curry dipping sauce.
• In a large bowl, mix coleslaw with the roast beef and the leftover cilantro and mint.
• Fill a pie plate with warm water. Dip 2 or 3 rice paper wrappers in the water, then set them on a flat surface to soften. Wait for about 1 minute.
• Spread a teaspoon of the curry mayonnaise on the bottom third of each wrapper and top with 3 tablespoons of the roast beef filling.
• Roll the wrappers into tight cylinders, making sure to tuck the sides as you go.
• Place the rolls on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet and repeat until done.
• Just before serving, cut each roll in half and serve with the dipping sauce. Enjoy!