Chow down on this tasty food that come in the shape of balls!
2 tsp dried oregano
Handful fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
1 lb (16 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained well
1 1/2 cups (about 175 grams) breadcrumbs of any sort
3 tbsp all-purpose gluten-free flour
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted & cooled
3 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
6 oz grated cheddar cheese (or other hard cheese, grated)
3 oz finely grated Parmesan cheese
• Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
• In a large bowl, beat the butter, eggs, cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese until combined well.
• Add the oregano by holding it in the palm of one hand and rubbing it with your other hand to release the oils in the dried herb.
• Add the (optional) parsley, and mix to combine. Add the spinach and breadcrumbs, and mix until it comes together.
• Incorporate flour into the mixture, one tablespoon at a time.
• Roll the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place on a rimmed, nonstick baking sheet 1 inch apart.
• Place in the center of the preheated oven and bake, for about 15 minutes or until the balls have begun to brown on the bottom and are cooked through, rotating once during baking. They will expand a bit during baking because of the eggs in the mixture.
• Serve and enjoy!