Are you thinking of starting a soup cleanse? If so, start your journey off with something nutritious and delicious, like this Broccoli Soup!
1 head broccoli
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 1/2 medium cloves garlic, minced
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
the peel from 1 clementine
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 1/2 ripe pear peeled, cored, and chopped
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
Roasted Pepper Puree Topping
1/2 cup whole roasted red bell peppers
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Slice broccoli the into roughly 1/2″ slices, and then cut the slices crosswise into even pieces. Since the soup is going to pureed anyway, there's no need to cut the broccoli into florets.
2. In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onions are softened, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add broth, clementine peel, rosemary and broccoli.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook on low, covered, for 20 minutes until broccoli is soft.
5. Remove from heat and add pear. Puree in batches in a blender until smooth. Return to soup pot and keep warm until ready to serve.
6. To prepare Roasted Pepper Puree, place roasted peppers and olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
7. Serve and enjoy!