Find out how you can make Adrienne's original Cooking Wars recipes at home.
8 pre-made circles of empanada dough
Pre-cooked shredded steak
Water chestnuts drained & chopped
Shredded 4 cheese blend
1 clove of garlic (diced)
2 tbs cumin
1/2 tbs chili powder
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
• Mix cumin, chilli powder, and Worcestershire sauce with steak. Season with sea salt and pepper.
• In a different bowl, mix 1 tsp of cumin with onions and garlic.
• Heat pan with 1-2 tbs olive oil.
• Sauté the onions and garlic until soft. Add in the steak, and lightly saute until just before medium-rare. Set aside.
• Lay out prepared dough
• Scoop steak filling onto the middle of the round-shaped dough.
• Sprinkle each empanada with 1 tsp of 4 cheese blend, goat cheese, bacon bits and water chestnuts.
• Fold the dough from end to end (into a half-moon shapes).
• Press edges firmly with a fork to seal.
• Place empanadas in fryer - cook for about 5 minutes
• Be sure to turn them once to brown on both sides
• Remove using strainer and drain using paper towels
BEET AIOLI INGREDIENTS
1-2 tsp Parsley Water (as needed)
• Preheat the oven to 375.
• Place the beets on a long piece of tin foil. Drizzle some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Create a steam packet by folding up all of the sides, pinching them together and sealing them off. The beets should be inside the foil packet and all of the sides should be tightly sealed so that the beets steam.
• Roast for about 45-60 minutes or until the beets are tender when pierced by a fork.
• Remove the beets from the oven, and allow to cool.
• Place plastic baggies on your hands and rub off the beet skin into the paper towels.
• Cut your beets and place them into a food processor with salt, pepper, parsley and as much water as needed (add water little by little). Puree until smooth.
• Combine with mayonnaise to make aioli sauce
• Season with salt to taste
• Pour finished aioli into 4 ramekins