Guest co-host Joseline Hernandez shares one of her favorite Puerto Rican recipes. Learn how to make Mofongo with White Rice and Red Beans, below!
4 green plantains
1 pound of crispy pork rinds
Extra virgin olive oil
3 minced garlic cloves
• Pan fry four green plantains in a large saucepan.
• Cook the plantains for about 7 minutes total, flipping once so they're light golden brown on each side.
• Remove plantains from the saucepan and drain on a paper towel.
• Using a mortar and pestle, grind half of your plantains, half a pound of crispy pork rinds, a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, 3 minced garlic cloves. Be sure to add sazon and adobe spices to taste.
• Once mixed together, use your hands to form two large balls with the mixture.
• Repeat using the remaining plantains to create two more servings.
• Keep the mofongo in the oven until ready to serve.
• Plate alongside white rice and red beans, then enjoy!