Did you know you can cook up delicious dishes with only 10 items or less? Get started with these two recipes!
POT PIE INSIDE A BISCUIT
2 packages Pillsbury Grands biscuits
1 onion, diced
3 cups cooked, diced chicken (canned is okay)
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup of carrots
1/3 cup of green peas
1/3 cup of corn
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
• Preheat oven to 350º. Glaze cookie sheet with butter, set aside.
• Coat a skillet with butter and cooked diced onion until soft.
• Add all remaining ingredients in skillet and heat through.
• Open package of biscuits and flatten each biscuit, circle out with your fingertips.
• Place chicken filling on one half of the circle and bring the other half over. Press edges with a fork to seal closed. Carefully place on the cookie sheet.
• Finish each mini pot pie and then bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the outside is golden and the middle is cooked.
• Serve immediately and enjoy!
THAI RED CURRY
2 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 4-ounce can or jar yellow curry paste
1/2 pound carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2"-thick rounds
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3), peeled, cut into 1/2" pieces
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1" pieces
1 13.5-ounce or 15-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 cup of basil
1/4 cup of cilantro
• Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add curry paste and stirring for 1 minute.
• Add carrots, onion, and pepper and stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until onions are transparent.
• Add potatoes, chicken, coconut milk, and 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil.
• Then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
• Divide curry among bowls and top with herbs.