Football season is right around the corner so it’s time to start getting that salsa and chips ready for game day! Check out these two salsa recipes that couldn’t be more different and couldn’t taste any better!
3 cups of diced watermelon
1 cup of seeded and minced jalapeño peppers
1/4 cup of minced red onion
1/4 cup of lime juice
1/3 cup of chopped cilantro
1/4 teaspoon of salt
• Add watermelon, red onion, jalapeños, and cilantro into a bowl.
• Add lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
• Stir until you get desired mixture, then enjoy.
GRILLED EGGPLANT & AVOCADO SALSA
2 peeled, pitted, and cubed avocados
2 tomatoes, diced
2 red bell peppers chopped
1/2 cup of fresh mint
1/2 cup of Italian parsley
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 chopped green onions
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
• Grill eggplants on medium-high heat for 30 minutes. Let them cool, scoop out the pulp, chop it up, and throw it in a bowl.
• Mix in grilled red peppers, avocados, tomatoes, lemon juice, cilantro, Italian parsley, green onions, garlic, black pepper, salt, mint, and olive oil.
• Toss until you obtain desired mixture, then enjoy.