Football season is almost here, which means you’re going to need some delish snacks for your lazy Sunday! Not into football? Then make these for the bae in your life who is!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup milk
3 cups dill pickle slices, drained
Dash of salt
• Combine the flour, salt and pepper.
• In a separate bowl, beat eggs and milk.
• Coat pickles with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture, then dip into flour again.
• Heat oil to 375 degrees and fry pickles – about 10 at a time – for 3 minutes until golden.
• Drain on paper towels before serving.
FRIED COLA BALLS
2 cups cola
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
• Take 3 beaten eggs like I have here and add 2 cups of cola and 1/4 cup of sugar, and mix together.
• In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 a teaspoon of salt.
• Then put them through a sifter, and combine the cola mixture with the flour mixture.
• Mix until batter is smooth and not too thick. Then roll the dough into 1-1/2 balls.
• Fry in vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes at 375 degrees until golden.
• Remove from fryer and place on paper towels to drain, then top with powdered sugar and serve.
EGGNOG FRIED CHICKEN
5 chicken drumsticks
5 chicken thighs or wings
1/2 quart eggnog
2 pinches pumpkin pie spice
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon powdered chicken bouillon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 quart olive oil for frying
• Add chicken pieces to eggnog, cover and refrigerate overnight.
• Then, mix the pumpkin pie spice, breadcrumbs, flour, and bouillon.
• Coat the chicken in the crumb mixture, one piece at a time.
• Let it rest after coating so that it sticks.
• Then, carefully put the chicken pieces in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
• Drain on paper towels and serve hot.