Sip on this simply delicious drink made for the fall weather! The apple crisps will be your new favorite garnish that you can also enjoy as a snack. Check out the ingredients and directions below.
3 cups apple cider
1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon orange extract
1/3 cup dark rum (NO Rum for Mocktail)
cinnamon & turbinado sugar for rim garnish
1 whole apple, thinly sliced
• Combine apple cider, cloves, cinnamon and extract in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer for 10-15 minutes.
• Strain out cloves, mix in rum and set aside.
• In a small plate, combine sugar and cinnamon.
• Wet the rim of the serving glasses with some extra rum, and dip into sugar mixture to coat the entire rim.
• Pour cider into glasses and serve warm.
• Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
• Place apple slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet (slice the apple whole, do not core).
• Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, and bake for about 2 hours, flipping slices halfway through. Watch carefully after 1 hour, 30 minutes to make sure they don’t burn. You want to remove them when crispy, not burnt.
• Use as garnish with cider, or enjoy as a snack!