Stuck at home due to snow? Keep yourself busy in the kitchen with these delicious recipes, perfect for a cozy day avoiding the cold!
1 head broccoli
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 1/2 medium cloves garlic, minced
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
the peel from 1 clementine
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 1/2 ripe pear peeled, cored, and chopped
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
Roasted Pepper Puree Topping
1/2 cup whole roasted red bell peppers
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• Slice broccoli the into roughly 1/2″ slices, then cut the slices crosswise into even pieces. Since the soup is going to pureed anyway, there's no need to cut the broccoli into florets.
• In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until onions are softened, about 3-4 minutes.
• Add broth, clementine peel, rosemary and broccoli.
• Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook on low, covered, for 20 minutes until broccoli is soft.
• Remove from heat and add the red peppers. Puree in batches in a blender until smooth. Return to soup pot and keep warm until ready to serve.
• To prepare Roasted Pepper Puree, place roasted peppers and olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
• Serve and enjoy!
3 medium tomatoes
3 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
• Cut a thin slice off top of each tomato, and scoop out the inside, leaving a 1/2-inch shell.
• Tip over each tomato onto a paper towel to drain.
• In a small bowl, combine and stir the chicken, carrots, onions, mayonnaise and ranch dressing.
• Spoon mixture into tomatoes, sprinkle with walnuts.
CRABBY CRESCENT ROLLS
1 (8 oz.) tube crescent roll dough
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup cooked crabmeat, chopped (can use imitation crab as a substitute!)
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
salt and pepper, to taste
• Spray cooking spray on a cookie sheet and preheat oven to 375°F.
• Open crescent roll can and roll out into a rectangle.
• Cut into 18 squares.
• Next, mix cream cheese, mayo, crab, onion, and red pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Use a spoon to evenly distribute the crab mixture on the dough squares, placing it in the center of the square.
• To fold, tuck one corner over the other. You can mix up the folding procedure to do what looks best or is easiest!
• Bake on the cookie sheet for 10-15 or until dough is golden.
• Top with remaining green onions, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
SPICY SHRIMP PUFF CUPS
Canned biscuits (refrigerated)
13 Shrimp – uncooked deveined, shelled, tails removed, chopped
1 Cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon chopped red bell pepper
1 Teaspoon spicy chili powder
1 Clove minced garlic
• Preheat oven to 350°F.
• Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
• Cut each biscuit in half... in each muffin cup there should be half a biscuit.
• Sculpt each half biscuit into the bottom and up the sides of the muffin cups.
• In a bowl, mix all ingredients – don't include the shrimp yet.
• Place 1 tablespoon of the shrimp mixture on top of each biscuit.
• Place a whole shrimp on top of each cup for a finished look.
• Bake for 20 minutes