Want to keep it low key with bae on the day of love? Check out these recipes you can cook up in the comfort of your own home!
SLOW COOKER SHORT RIBS
4 lbs 3" long beef short ribs
2 cups dry red wine
2 cups diced tomatoes (canned in juice is fine)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions & carrots
6 garlic cloves, peeled
5 cups beef broth
Parsley (for garnish)
• Sprinkle seasoning salt and pepper onto the ribs.
• Place ribs in an even layer in the crock pot.
• Add the remaining ingredients on top.
• Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
CHEF LA LA'S PORK AND PLUM KABOBS
2 dried chiles negros
2 dried ancho or pasilla chiles
6 tomatillos, peeled
3 garlic cloves
1/2 medium onion
1/4 cup almonds, slivered, peeled
1 cup water
3 black plums, ripe but firm, pitted and diced
2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into large pieces
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 black plums, ripe but firm, each cut into 6 wedges
8 wooden skewers
• Toast chiles in skillet or on griddle. (Be careful not to burn them or they will get bitter.)
• Transfer to medium bowl; cover with hot water and soak until soft, about 30 minutes.
• Char tomatillos, garlic and onion in skillet. • Place drained chiles, tomatillos, almonds, water and plums in blender; puree until smooth. Transfer to large skillet; add sugar and salt. Simmer 20 minutes, covered.
• Sprinkle pork chunks with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Brown meat on all sides, about 1 minute per side. Remove; set aside.
• Thread skewers with pork and plum. Simmer skewers in chile sauce 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with extra sauce for dipping.
CHEESE RAVIOLI WITH PESTO SAUCE
1 carton Ricotta cheese
2 cups Mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 bunch fresh basil leaves
1/4 bunch fresh Italian parsley
1/2 cup pine nuts
5 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
3/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
• Add basil, parsley, pine nuts, garlic, cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the cup of a blender or food processor.
• Blend until the ingredients are combined, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
• Continue blending and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until completely incorporated.
• Stir in a pinch of salt and paper, and red chili flakes if using.
• Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
1 chicken breast per person
1 ounce espresso grinds
1 teaspoon of olive oil
2 ounces of Parmesan cheese (grated)
2 tablespoon of jerk seasoning
Salt to your liking
Ground black pepper to your liking
• Marinate chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag of jerk seasoning, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
• Leave sit for 20 minutes in marinade.
• Roll the chicken breast in the espresso grind.
• Heat olive oil in a saucepan then cook chicken until well done.