In the mood for some mushrooms? Check out these three marvelous mushroom recipes!
Portobello Mushroom Pizza
4 big portobello mushroom caps
1/2 cup of shredded mixed cheese
1/2 cup of tomato pizza sauce
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• Remove stem of mushroom.
• Place mushroom on baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes.
• Remove from oven and fill cup of cap with sauce and cheese.
• Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 large onion, sliced
4 large mushrooms, portobello stems and gills removed, sliced
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 1/2 tbsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. black ground pepper
1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/4 cup broth, vegetable or reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp. soy sauce, less sodium
3 oz provolone cheese
4 whole wheat buns, split and toasted
• Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
• Add onion and stir often until the onions become soft and brown.
• Add mushrooms, bell pepper, oregano and pepper and cook. Stir often, until the vegetables are soft.
• Reduce heat to low; then mix in flour and stir in broth and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat.
• Place cheese slices on top of the vegetables, cover and let it sit until melted.
• Divide the mixture into 4 portions, leaving the melted cheese layer on top.
• Place each portion onto each toasted bun and serve immediately.
Portobello Mushroom Slider
32 portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
2 tbsps. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
8 mini pretzel buns
Roasted red peppers
• Brush mushrooms with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill 2 minutes per side.
• Then, spread bottom half of each bun with 1 tbsp. of pesto.
• Layer your slider with mushrooms, red peppers, arugula and provolone cheese. Finally, enjoy!