Get into the fall spirit with these festive and delicious recipes!
Double Dose Squash Lasagna
1 spaghetti squash
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 can meat sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• Start by taking 1 spaghetti squash, cut it in half and remove the seeds.
• Brush the inside of the squash with olive oil, and season with some kosher salt and pepper.
• Bake with the skin side up at 400º until tender, for about 30 minutes.
• Once they’re done baking, use a fork to fluff the inside of the squash so it starts to look like noodles.
• Then between the 2 halves, split 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, pour on 1 can of meat sauce, and add 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese sprinkled on top.
• Put in the broiler for 3 minutes until the cheese is golden and gooey. (The best part is: there's no bowl to clean!) Serve and enjoy!
Candy Corn Apple
White chocolate chips
Orange food dye
• Remove stem from each apple and replace with a stick.
• Unwrap caramels and place in a microwavable bowl.
• Microwave caramels until melted (about 2 minutes).
• Dip apple into caramel – place on wax paper and let caramelized apples sit in refrigerator for 15 mins.
• After letting apple apples sit, put white chocolate chips in a separate microwavable bowl.
• Microwave for about 10-20 seconds (if they are not melted, remove from microwave, stir and put back in for another 5 seconds/ or until melted).
• Dip caramelized apples into melted white chocolate (leave a little caramel showing, for layering effect).
• Place new dipped apples onto a new sheet of wax paper, and place in refrigerator for another 15 minutes.
• While apples are hardening in refrigerator, melt more white chocolate in a bowl, mix in orange food coloring until you achieve desired shade of orange.
• Cover plate with yellow sprinkles.
• After 15 minutes has passed, dip apples in melted (orange) white chocolate (again leave some caramel and white showing for layering effect).
• Immediately after you dip apples in the orange white chocolate, roll the them around on the plate of yellow sprinkles. • Then put finished apples on another sheet of wax paper and let sit for another 15 mins.
Apple Cider Punch
½ cup fresh cranberries
2 tablespoons sugar
1 ½ cups apple cider
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2/3 cup chilled ginger beer
3 1/2 ounces gin if desired
• Muddle cranberries with sugar in a pitcher.
• Add apple cider, ginger beer, lemon juice, and gin if desired.
• Divide among four glasses.
• Serve chilled over ice.