In celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, find out how to make some of your favorite Latin dishes with half the calories! Check out Chef LaLa's delicious paella recipe that you can enjoy without the guilt!
HEALTHY PAELLA RECIPE
Nonstick cooking spray
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon saffron powder
1/2 lb. chicken breast; skinless, boneless, thin slices
2 cups paella rice (or calrose rice), rinsed thoroughly
1/2 medium red Onion, thinly sliced
1 medium red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium yellow Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
5 cups unsalted Chicken Stock
1 teaspoon Salt
1 dash black Pepper
1 pound small Manila Clams, washed thoroughly
1/2 pound jumbo Shrimp; peeled, deveined and tail-on
• Heat large roast pan over medium-high heat. Spray evenly with cooking oil.
• Add olive oil, garlic and saffron to pan; reduce heat to medium. Cook until about 3 minutes.
• Add chicken to pan and cook for 5 minutes; add rice and continue to cook for additional 5 minutes.
• Add onion, bell peppers, and bell peppers and stir all ingredients for 3 minutes.
• Pour chicken stock, salt and black pepper; cover and bring to a boil (about 10 minutes).
• Uncover and stir once. Add clams and shrimp to rice. Cover and cook for additional 5 minutes.
• Serve immediately.