It’s autumn, so you know what that means… it’s candy apple season! You can make delicious candy apples for all of your upcoming festivities — including a candy corn apple for Halloween — with this cool recipe!
CANDY CORN APPLE
White Chocolate Chips
Orange food dye
• Remove stem from each apple and replace with a stick.
• Unwrap caramels and place in a microwavable bowl.
• Microwave caramels until melted (about 2 minutes).
• Dip apple into caramel – place on wax paper and let caramelized apples sit in refrigerator for 15 min.
• After letting apple apples sit, put white chocolate chips in a separate microwavable bowl.
• Microwave for about 10-20 seconds ( if they are not melted, remove from microwave, stir and put back in for another 5 seconds/ or until melted).
• Dip caramelized apples into melted white chocolate (leave a little caramel showing, for layering effect).
• Place new dipped apples on to a new sheet of wax paper and place in refrigerator for another 15 minutes.
• While apples are hardening in refrigerator, melt more white chocolate in a bowl mix in orange food coloring until you achieve desired shade of orange.
• Cover plate with yellow sprinkles.
• After 15 minutes has passed dip apples in melted (orange) white chocolate (again leave some caramel and white showing for layering effect).
• Immediately after you dip apples in the orange white chocolate, roll the them around on the plate of yellow sprinkles.
• Then put finished apples on another sheet of wax paper and let sit for another 15 min.