It’s autumn, so you know what that means… it’s candy apple season! You can make delicious candy apples for all of your upcoming festivities — including a turkey apple for Thanksgiving — with this cool recipe!
THANKSGIVING TURKEY APPLE
• You will need two apples for each turkey.
• Remove stem from each apple and replace with a stick.
• Unwrap caramels and place in a microwavable bowl.
• Microwave caramels until melted (about 2 minutes).
• Dip all apples into caramel – place on wax paper and let caramelized apples sit in refrigerator for 15 min.
• After letting apple apples sit, cut sides off one apple to create the wings.
• Lay the full caramelized on its side and place cut pieces on both sides of the full apple for wings.
• You can season plate with nuts or cranberries.