Pumpkins aren’t just for pie and jack-o-lanterns anymore. If you’re guilty of going pumpkin crazy every Halloween, then you’re stuck wondering what the heck to do with them afterward, we have a solution for you. Learn how to use your leftover gourds for a GOURDeous treat!
2 cups pumpkin puree (canned or fresh – alternative fresh recipe below)
5 tablespoons plain yogurt
4 tablespoons honey
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup ground almonds
For the pumpkin puree:
• Take 1-2 small pumpkins, cut into pieces and scrape out the seeds. (You can cheat this with canned pumpkin.)
• Bake each, cut side down, in a covered oven container for at least 45 minutes at 350.
• Scoop out the pumpkin meat and let cool, then mash into a paste.
For the facial:
• Combine pumpkin puree with other ingredients.
• Make sure skin is clean and slightly damp, then place mixture on skin for 5-10 minutes, then rinse off!