Cereal isn’t just for breakfast anymore. You can make finger-lickin’ good treats, like chicken strips, all with your favorite box of cereal! Check out this crunch-a-licious recipe!
1 1/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/2 cup buttermilk
4 cups corn cereal
Freshly ground pepper
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
• Add the chicken strips and buttermilk in a shallow dish, and let soak and chill for at least 15 minutes.
• Put the corn cereal in a large, sealed plastic bag. Use a rolling pin to crunch it down into small pieces.
• Season the chicken with your spices, and shake it up with the cereal to fully coat it.
• Place on a pre-greased baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes until fully cooked.
• Make sure to let it cool slightly – it gets crunchier!