Everyone loves a new Thanksgiving recipe, and this one is all about the leftovers! Remix your traditional after-the-holiday meal with a twist. Learn how to make delicious shortcake -- all with leftover goodies from your Thanksgiving table.
THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS SHORTCAKE
Biscuits (the bigger and fluffier, the better!)
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup sweet potatoes
1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup cranberry sauce
Toasted pecans for garnish
• Take leftover sweet potatoes and sear until slightly crispy on each side.
• Melt the leftover cranberry sauce in a small pot.
• Add 1/2 cup heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce. Strain into a bowl and chill.
• Spoon the chilled cranberry mixture on top of biscuit bottoms, and top with sweet potatoes and whipped cream.
• Stack biscuit top (cut side up) on top and repeat the sauce, sweet potato, and whipped cream.
• Sprinkle with toasted pecans and enjoy!