Don’t let the cold weather get you down! In honor of National Soup Month, check out this yummy recipe to help you stay warm from the inside out. It’s time to get Souped-Up!
ASIAN NOODLE SOUP
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon grated ginger
2 stalks fresh lemongrass, peeled
2 cups water
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
4 ounces uncooked pasta
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon lime juice
Salt, to taste
Red chili pepper flakes
• Sautee garlic, ginger, and lemongrass in an oiled skilled for about three minutes.
• Add broth and water, and bring to a boil.
• Then pop in the chicken and pasta and cook until chicken is done.
• Take off heat and stir in the other ingredients.
• Let stand 5 minutes, toss the lemongrass before eating.
• Tip: For extra firm noodles, cook them before adding to the soup!