When you’re in a crunch at snack time, pretzels always satisfy, but the plain Janes aren’t cutting the mustard anymore. Learn how to make your favorite salty treat sweet, with these Knot Your Average Pretzel recipes.
Pretzel Popcorn Balls
12 cups freshly popped plain popcorn
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 roughly chopped dark chocolate
3/4 crushed pretzels
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and make a bowl of ice water big enough to submerse both hands.
2. Combine honey and peanut butter in a small pan over medium heat, stirring until it bubbles. Take off the heat when it bubbles, then stir for an additional 15 seconds.
3. Pour the peanut butter and honey mixture over the popcorn and mix so it covers the popcorn. Mix in the pretzels and chocolate.
4. Dunk both hands into ice water, and wait for them to get cold. Shake off the extra water and form the balls with the mix, molding them tightly. Put on the baking sheet until it’s filled.
5. Let the balls cool and put them in the fridge for at least an hour to set.
6. If you want to add Loni’s twist to it, wrap them in bacon!
Chocolate Pretzel Milkshake
Vanilla ice cream
Whipped cream or whipped topping
Chocolate covered pretzels (optional)
1. Drizzle fudge down the side of a glass.
2. Combine milk, caramel syrup, chocolate pieces and chopped pretzels in a blender.
3. Pour milkshake into a glass and top with whipped cream and a chocolate covered pretzel.
Sunny Side Up Pretzels
4 ozs of white chocolate
24 yellow candies
24 pretzel sticks
1. Boil 1-2 cups of water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Once boiling, place a heat-safe bowl on top of the saucepan to create a double boiler.
3. Break up white chocolate into small pieces, add to the bowl, stirring until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
4. On waxed paper, spoon the white chocolate into puddles at least the size of a quarter. Place one or more yellow candies in the white chocolate, to create an egg yolk.
5. To make a sausage, add pretzel sticks! Let cool at room temperature, serve and enjoy.