It’s time for some buttery, flakey goodness! Learn how to make appetizers and desserts out of crescent rolls with these yummy recipes.
Taco Crescent Rings
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
2 cans (8 oz each) tubes crescent roll dough
Taco fixings: Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa, guacamole, whatever you like!
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In a nonstick skillet, cook the meat until it’s browned. Add taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup water. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. 2. Then, mix beef mixture and Mexican cheese blend.
3. Open the crescent dough and separate into eight rectangles. On an ungreased cookie sheet, arrange triangle pieces in a ring so short sides of triangles form a 5-inch circle in center. (It should look like a sun. The dough will overlap and half of each triangle will hang over edges of cookie sheet.)
4. Spoon meat and cheese mixture on the part of the rectangle closest to the center.
5. Fold up the triangle pieces and tuck over, repeating until the entire filling is closed into the dough. Separate the spaces in the dough gently so the filling pokes out. 6. Brush the dough with a bit of water and top with crushed chips, if desired.
7. Bake 20 minutes or until dough is golden and fully baked. Let cool before slicing up and serving!
Crabby Crescent Rolls
1 (8 oz.) tube crescent roll dough
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup cooked crabmeat, chopped (can use imitation crab as a substitute!)
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Spray cooking spray on a cookie sheet and preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Open crescent roll can and roll out into a rectangle.
3. Cut into 18 squares.
4. Next, mix cream cheese, mayo, crab, onion, and red pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Use a spoon to evenly distribute the crab mixture on the dough squares, placing it in the center of the square.
6. To fold, tuck one corner over the other. You can mix up the folding procedure to do what looks best or is easiest!
7. Bake on the cookie sheet for 10-15 or until dough is golden.
8. Top with remaining green onions, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Fruity Crescent Twists
1 can (8 oz) tube crescent roll dough
2 tablespoons fruit jam – you can mix multiple flavors
1. Preheat oven to 375°F, and put parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
2. Roll out dough into two long rectangles.
3. On the first rectangle of dough, spread jam across the center, staying within 1/4” of the edges.
4. Place the other piece of dough on top.
4. Cut the dough into thin strips (cut the short way). Twist the strips of dough several times, place on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.