How you can celebrate Umuganda in your own life? It’s the Day of Global Service, and you can join the movement simply by performing an act of kindness. Check out the below list for a few ways you can make someone’s day!
- If you have a car, give a friend a ride.
- Volunteer for a few hours at a local park, after-school program or community center.
- Treat a friend to the movies for no reason!
- Pamper your mom with a spa day.
- Send a nice email to a teacher who made a difference in your life.
- Instead of fighting for a close parking spot, give it to another driver.
- Send someone a handwritten thank-you note.
- Pay for someone’s groceries, or help an elderly person carry their bags to the car.
- Give out free hugs, smiles, and compliments all day.
- Buy lemonade or a candy bar from a kid.
- Call your grandparents just to say hi.
- Babysit for free.
- Hold the elevator for a stranger.
- Help a mom with her baby stroller.
- Send a family member or friend a random “I love you” text.
After you’ve done your act of kindness, be sure to share on Instagram using #Umuganda. We can’t wait to see!