The next time you have date night, wow your man with one of these delicious, home-cooked meals!
1. Taco Crescent Rings
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
2 cans (8 oz each) tubes crescent roll dough
Taco fixings: Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa, guacamole, whatever you like!
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In a nonstick skillet, cook the meat until it’s browned. Add taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup water. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
2. Then, mix beef mixture and Mexican cheese blend.
3. Open the crescent dough and separate into eight rectangles. On an ungreased cookie sheet, arrange triangle pieces in a ring so short sides of triangles form a 5-inch circle in center. (It should look like a sun. The dough will overlap and half of each triangle will hang over edges of cookie sheet.)
4. Spoon meat and cheese mixture on the part of the rectangle closest to the center.
5. Fold up the triangle pieces and tuck over, repeating until the entire filling is closed into the dough. Separate the spaces in the dough gently so the filling pokes out. 6. Brush the dough with a bit of water and top with crushed chips, if desired.
2. Perk Jerk Chicken
1 chicken breast per person
1 ounce espresso grinds
1 teaspoon of olive oil
2 ounces of Parmesan cheese (grated)
2 tablespoon of jerk seasoning
Salt to your liking
Ground black pepper to your liking
1. Marinate chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag of jerk seasoning, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Leave sit for 20 minutes in marinade.
3. Roll the chicken breast in the espresso grind.
4. Heat olive oil in a saucepan then cook chicken until well done.
3. Veggie Nachos
1/2 pound ground turkey, cooked, seasoned with taco seasoning
1/2 cup black beans, cooked and rinses
1 jicama, sliced
2 bell peppers, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1/2 cup shredded cheese
Toppings (if desired): diced avocado, jalapeno, cilantro
Layer sliced raw veggies on a microwave-safe platter, in place of chips. Top the veggies with cooked ground turkey, black beans and shredded cheese. Microwave for 5 minutes, then top off (if desired) with diced avocado, jalapeño and cilantro.
4. Ribs with Tart Cherry BBQ Sauce
2 cups of chopped cherries
1 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 shallots
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
A pinch of red pepper flakes
1. Cook your cherries, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Let simmer for about 10 minutes, or until misutre becomes thick.
2. Add ketchup, tomato paste, shallots, red wine vinegar and red pepper flakes. Then stir.
3. Let sauce simmer on low for another 5 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Let sauce cool before serving, and enjoy!
5. Honey Mustard Chicken
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
1 1/2 cups honey mustard dressing
1 1/3 cups pretzels, crushed up
1. Take chicken strips and place in a large plastic bag to marinate in honey mustard dressing. If you want, you can season your chicken with salt and pepper first.
2. Leave the bag in the fridge for at least an hour. Then, place chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet. Spray with some nonstick cooking spray and coat the chicken with the pretzels.
3. Then, give it another blast of nonstick spray for some added crunchiness. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in a large Ziploc bag to marinate in honey mustard dressing. Keep this in the fridge for an hour.
4. Place chicken on an oven safe wire rack over a baking sheet and spray it with the nonstick spray.
5. Chop pretzels into crumbs and pour them into a bowl. Coat the strips in pretzels and place on the rack to cook. You can even spray some non-stick spray over the top of the chicken for some crunch.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
6. Honey Balsamic BBQ Meatballs
1/2 lb. ground pork
1/2 lb. ground beef
2/3 cup of water
1/3 uncooked quinoa
1 large shallot
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 whisked egg
1/8 teaspoon of dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme
3/4 cup of Ketchup
1 cup of balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup of honey
1/3 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1. Boil following ingredients in a large pot: balsamic vinegar, ketchup, honey, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
2. Lower the heat and let Honey Balsamic Vinegar sauce simmer for 45 minutes.
3. In a bowl combine cooked and cooled quinoa, egg, shallot, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, dried thyme, and rosemary.
4. Mix your ingredient then add in raw pork and beef.
5. After you obtain the consistency you want, form the meatballs with your hands.
6. Put them on a baking sheet in heat at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
7. Coat meatballs in sauce and enjoy!
7. Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 lb ground beef
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
16 oz cream cheese
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
3 cups shredded cheese
8 strips crumbled crisp bacon
1. Heat olive oil and brown ground beef with Worcestershire and seasoning. Cook through.
2. Strain some of the excess fat and place into square baking dish.
3. Top ground beef with cream cheese, tomatoes and bacon. Stir together a little bit and then top with shredded cheese.
4. Bake covered with tin foil at 250º for 60 minutes and then at 200º for another 60 minutes.
5. Stir a bit before serving and remove excess grease, and serve hot with chips or veggies.
8. Offense-sive Garlic Wings
1/2 teaspoon of seasoning salt
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons of flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of pepper
1/2 cup of milk
4 fresh garlic cloves
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
8-12 chicken wings
1. Marinate wings in a mixing bowl with garlic, seasoning salt and olive oil.
2. Shake marinated chicken in a sandwich bag filled with flour, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Dunk the coated chicken in a bowl mixed with whisked eggs and milk.
4. Place the wings back in sandwich bag and shake again.
5. Fry wings in skillet until golden brown.
6. In a separate pan, cook four cloves of fresh garlic in olive oil until golden brown.
7. Place toasted garlic into a large bowl.
8. Place cooked chicken wings into the garlic bowl with Parmesan cheese.
9. Toss chicken in mixture and plate when finished.
9. Salmon BLT Sliders
1 lb. raw, skinless salmon
Salt and pepper
2 slices thick cut bacon
2 tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon adobo sauce
6 mini Hawaiian sweet bread buns
1. Fry the bacon and drain on a paper towel.
2. Preheat the broiler and cut the salmon to square pieces that fit in the bun.
3. Coat with salt and pepper.
4. Place on a broiler pan and broil for 5 minutes, then flip over and broil another 5 minutes. Cook until done.
5. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and adobo to create a spread. Mix until smooth and put some on each side of the bread.
6. Add the salmon, lettuce and tomato to your slider and enjoy!
10. Eggnog Fried Chicken
5 chicken drumsticks
5 chicken thighs or wings
1/2 quart eggnog
2 pinches pumpkin pie spice
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon powdered chicken bouillon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 quart olive oil for frying
Add chicken pieces to eggnog, cover and refrigerate overnight. Then, mix the pumpkin pie spice, breadcrumbs, flour, and bouillon. Coat the chicken in the crumb mixture, one piece at a time. Let it rest after coating so that it sticks. Then, carefully put the chicken pieces in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
11. Jeannie's Mac n' Cheese
1 1/2 cups of pasta
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese – grated
1/2 cup Fontina cheese – grated
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp white truffle oil
1/4 cup Panko bread vrumbs
1. Boil a pot of water.
2. Put pasta into water once it is boiling.
3. Bake until it’s the proper texture.
4. Put cream, truffle oil, cheeses, and salt into separate pot – begin warming.
5. After pasta is baked and ingredients are warm, strain pasta and mix into other pot.
6. Transfer mixture into bowl.
7. Put Panko bread crumbs on top
12. Saltwater & Orange Slice Turkey
1 turkey 8-12 lbs.
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Brine seasoned turkey with sea salt water and orange slices. Be sure that the salt is fully dissolved in the brine.
4. Place your turkey breast down in a large container or brining bag that will fit in your fridge.
5. Add the brine, making sure the entire turkey is submerged in the brine.
6. Let soak overnight, pat it dry and roast in the oven 325° F for 2 1/2 - 3 hours.